Successful campus or sports promotion campaigns don’t happen by chance. To realize goals, promotional products programs must be carefully planned, taking into consideration the audience, budget and, of course, the ultimate result to be gained.
1. Define a specific objective.
Whether the goal is to recruit new students or increase attendance at sporting events, the first step in any campaign is to clarify the purpose of the program.
2. Determine a workable distribution plan to a targeted audience.
Distribution of a promotional product is as important as the item itself. Research shows that a carefully executed distribution plan significantly increases the effectiveness of promotional products. For example, a mailing to potential students delivers more qualified leads to call.
3. Create a central theme.
Linking your recognizable logo and colors to all aspects of a campaign helps create an instantly recognizable image. Consider a landing page on your website tied to the campaign.
4. Develop a message to support the theme.
Supporting a campaign’s theme with a message helps to solidify an organization`s name, in the target audience’s mind.
5. Select a promotional product that bears a natural relationship to your profession or communications theme.
6. Don’t pick an item based solely on uniqueness, price or perceived value.
Don’t fall prey to the latest trends or fads. The most effective promotional products are used in a cohesive, well-planned campaign.